Monday, February 9, 2009

Contributing to Life


One of our deepest desires often tucked safely away, hidden in one of the layers of our soul, is the yearning to contribute to life. During the last four years, I had been living in a contribution deficit, but yet couldn't quite identify what was wrong.

I encountered this vague sense of urgency, like I was thwarting myself from participating in life. I didn't know what would happen when I left my 8 to 5 cubicle existence, but my work with XOXO Dogs grew out of this desire to put myself back in the game. Following only this intuitive urge to donate, I've just begun to realize how symbolic and meaningful this project has been to my well-being. Contributing money to organizations that foster a more compassionate existence, I am afforded the most gracious opportunity to fulfill my own need to contribute to life.

In much gratitude, I thank all the non-profit organizations that work so diligently to improve the welfare of our community, while giving me the opportunity to live out one of my most deepest yearnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment